Safe School Operations During the COVID-19 Pandemic
While the campaign feels relentless for schools, the good news is that EH&E offers a proven approach to significantly mitigate the spread of SARS-CoV-2. Our strategy includes:
- Layering non-pharmaceutical interventions (NPIs) – NPIs are actions, apart from getting vaccinated and taking medicine, that can be implemented to help slow the spread of illnesses like COVID-19.
- Proper ventilation – The science (CDC and WHO) shows that ventilation is a key component in this layered approach. Good ventilation and filtration is a key step that building owners and managers can take to reduce the number of virus particles in the air.
- Verification – A method to monitor ongoing performance and compliance with the program. EH&E offers a dashboard that visually summarizes key indicators of performance within the institution and also within the region.
EH&E has been at the forefront of establishing this approach and verifying its effectiveness.
- Our team of environmental health, public health and engineering professionals have advised, and successfully helped stem the transmission of the virus, for over 1,000 K-12 schools across the US.
- We wrote the guide for the American Camp Association on how to reduce transmission of the virus during summer camps.
- A recent research study on the 2020 summer camp experience in the US finds that the low incidence of transmission of COVID-19 in summer camps provides evidence for the effectiveness of NPI strategies.
EH&E can help schools avoid wasting time and resources trying to figure out what works and how to implement the various recommendations by federal and state regulatory agencies. We’ll deliver a proven strategy to mitigate the transmission of SARS-CoV-2 and provide the expert support needed for successful implementation.
To learn how your school can maintain operations safely and responsibly, contact us to speak with an expert.