EH&E’s biosafety consultants and microbiology experts have extensive experience establishing biosafety programs in healthcare, academic, laboratory and large-scale production facilities. We develop biosafety programs and training that minimize the risks of exposure and ensure compliance with the guidelines for biosafety from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) as well as a variety of local, state and federal biosafety-related regulations.
Contact us today to speak with a biosafety professional.
Our biosafety consulting services include:
Biosafety Program Assessment and Support
- Audit biosafety programs to ensure compliance and the use of best practices
- Safety and biosafety inspections in laboratories and production facilities
- Onsite staffing for temporary and long-term needs
- Prepare and update site-specific documents (biosafety manuals, exposure control plans, standard operating procedures)
- Biosafety training development and mentoring
Biological Materials Risk Assessment
- Evaluate potential hazards associated with biological materials
- Identify administrative and engineering controls, and personal protective equipment to minimize hazards
Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) Development and Support
- Assist with the development of IBCs
- Participate in the activities of the IBC, including technical review of protocols and management of the IBC
- Review and develop IBC policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the NIH Guidelines and any applicable local regulations
- Assist in the preparation of materials required for submission to the NIH Recombinant DNA Advisory Committee (RAC) or to local public health officials
BSL-3 Laboratory and Select Agent Programs
To discuss how we can support your specific biosafety needs, contact us now.