Webinar: Legionella Compliance & Prevention: Top Strategies to Protect Your Hospital
April 30, 2019
1:00 – 2:00 PM EDT
Studies show that cases of Legionnaire’s Disease that occur among hospital patients are associated with high mortality, great expense and loss of confidence in the healthcare system. Outbreaks are associated with poorly maintained water systems. Fortunately, with the right Legionella prevention techniques, the spread of this harmful bacteria is wholly preventable, and the risks can be managed.
In addition to compliance with ASHRAE 188, now the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and Joint Commission require healthcare facilities to have a water management plan and procedures to reduce the risk of Legionella and other opportunistic pathogens in building water systems.
This webinar will detail four key steps to protect vulnerable patients and remain compliant.
- Conduct a building-wide survey and risk assessment
- Build a knowledgeable water management team
- Develop an action plan to address the risks identified during the building-wide survey
- Establish a consistent maintenance program, with a water management plan and team
Join this webinar to get answers to areas that are creating confusion for hospitals, such as:
- I have a water treatment company that maintains my cooling towers. Am I all set?
- When a floor is shutdown during construction what are the best practices before re-opening?
- How often does my water management team have to meet?
- Does my water management plan need to cover my “SOC Buildings” only, or all locations?
Learn more and register for this webinar
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or at 1-800-825-5343.