COVID-19 Update: We are here and committed to support you
In these unprecedented times, the health and safety of our employees, clients and community is our highest priority. EH&E is actively monitoring the situation through updates from the CDC, World Health Organization (WHO) and various state and local entities. As the situation continues to evolve, our number one priority remains the health and well-being of our colleagues and clients. We are all being impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak and we are proud that we can apply our knowledge and experience to help maintain safe environments as illustrated by some current projects:
- Advising hospitals on HVAC system modifications of patient areas for large-scale containment in the event of a surge of infected patients; training hospital staff on the use of respirators and PPE to protect themselves.
- Consulting with corporations and research institutions on business continuity plans and staging tabletop drills for rapid vulnerability discovery and stress testing; developing contingency plans for “essential personnel” responsible for maintaining core facility and lab operations.
- Overseeing the implementation of rational cleaning and disinfection practices based upon the risk of exposure of occupants to the SARs-CoV-2 virus in the workplace.
These essential duties are performed by EH&E’s dedicated consultants working under our own Business Continuity Plan, through which most team members work from home or a client site with support from a core team at our headquarters. We are fully functional and intend to continue this level of support in accord with recommendations from the local, state and federal authorities.
Some of the corporate-wide measures that we are taking to insure the continuity of our services include:
- Establishment of an EH&E COVID-19 Preparedness Task Force that is comprised of the Executive Committee to insure a rapid response to this dynamic and evolving situation, and to insure that the appropriate resources are allocated to our staff, colleagues and our clients.
- Implementation of a work from home policy where feasible to limit in-person contact.
- Enhanced cleaning of our work space in accordance with CDC guidance.
- Isolation/quarantining of all symptomatic staff at home. No symptomatic staff or staff who are at high risk of exposure to the SARs-CoV-2 virus are allowed at EH&E or our client sites.
- Postponing all non-critical travel to keep staff sources local and available to respond to clients’ needs.
- Evaluating the COVID-19 preparedness for all of our key subcontractors and vendors and identify multiple service providers to increase redundancy.
We are committed to supporting our clients and are continuing operations with as little disruption as possible. We encourage our clients, colleagues and staff to contact us with any questions or concerns so that we can address issues as quickly as possible.
We wish you good health and safety during these challenging times.
John F. McCarthy, Sc.D., C.I.H.
Environmental Health & Engineering, Inc.