Nate Fanning and Melissa Scully to Present at 2020 I2SL Virtual Annual Conference
How to Implement a Successful Laboratory Energy Reduction Program: It Starts with Buy-in
October 7, 2020, 10:00 – 11:30 AM EDT
Laboratory energy saving programs are challenging due to the numerous stakeholders involved and the complexity of the environment and work being performed. This session will reveal some of the biggest and most common challenges in the implementation of energy reduction programs to help institutions stage their program for success.
- How to address stakeholder needs to secure buy-in and the critical points of communication for each group.
- The value of a program “champion” who understands both complex building operations and sensitive research operations to facilitate the program and understand the needs of the varied groups.
- How to coordinate the various contractors and activities without negatively impacting safety or research.
- The importance of fully understanding the impact of energy saving measures on building operations, lab operations and occupants.
- Methods to verify safety in the lab to help assure lab managers and researchers.