EH&E Webinar – What to do if an employee tests positive for COVID-19. Key steps for an effective plan.
Thursday, June 11, 2020
1:00 – 2:00 PM EDT
If you haven’t already dealt with a positive case of COVID-19 in the workplace, you almost certainly will. The situation will need to be handled with sensitivity and compassion, and it will also require a rapid response. So, it is best to put an effective plan in place now.
The CDC has provided guidance to organizations, but many questions remain around how to interpret the guidance and how to actually implement the recommendations. This webinar will clarify the guidelines and detail the essential steps to include in your plan for managing a positive case of COVID-19. We’ll also cover what to do if an employee has been in close contact with a person who is COVID-19 positive.
Join the webinar to learn:
- What questions to ask during the employee interview to obtain information that will help assess the potential risk to other employees and to inform cleaning and disinfection.
- Who needs to be notified – employees, public agencies, and internal groups such as human resources and facilities management.
- What precautions do potentially exposed employees need to take?
- What actions to take if the employee was in the workplace, working from home or at a client site.
- Tips for effective, consistent communication while maintaining the privacy of the employee. Honesty and transparency will be important to establishing trust and reassuring safety.
- Identification of high touch objects and areas for cleaning and disinfection. Do employees in the workplace need to be relocated during cleaning and disinfecting efforts?
- When is it safe for an employee to return to work?