EH&E, an employee-owned company, provides businesses and institutions with innovative and cost saving solutions for their health and safety, environmental and engineering needs. Our mission is to protect people, businesses and the environment. We achieve this by offering a broad range of services from indoor air quality assessment, energy management solutions, regulatory compliance and management, infection prevention programs, independent building commissioning – and more! EH&E is a trusted partner engaged with recognized leaders in healthcare, top-notch academic and research institutions, Fortune 500 companies, large scale enterprises and government agencies.
Technical Specialist – Healthcare
As a representative of EH&E’s Healthcare team, a Technical Specialist will operate primarily in hospitals and healthcare facilities. No previous experience in a healthcare setting is required. Primary responsibility will be performing environmental monitoring within various healthcare facilities (training will be provided), as well as preparing media and equipment for sampling, routine maintenance of equipment, ordering supplies, submitting samples to and coordination with the laboratory. Field work includes respirator fit-testing, environmental water and air sampling, moisture assessments and inspections. The successful applicant will be supported by a team of industry experts who will nurture and develop your career. This position reports directly to the Principal Consultant. We offer competitive salary packages and excellent benefits. If you are interested in this opportunity, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Sales & Client Relations:
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the business by presenting a positive, professional, respectful and professional image to our clients while onsite
- Collect quality data following specified quality control procedures and alert project managers on any deviations in procedures
- Ensure equipment is maintained per standard operating procedures
- Assist in the development of data tables used for reports; review data tables to ensure accuracy per EH&E’s quality control guidelines
- As the employee gains experience, may provide internal and/or external training on sampling techniques, appropriate donning and doffing of personal protective equipment (PPE), and use of sampling equipment
- Perform environmental sampling, which includes air, water, and surface samples, in accordance with EH&E’s standard operating procedures
- Perform qualitative respirator fit-testing
- Complete reactive moisture and mold assessments
- Perform various visual inspections related to fire and life safety compliance, ventilation assessment, safety equipment, etc.
- Support team with other field work, which may include indoor air quality assessments, contamination and/or infection investigations and odor investigations
- Verbal communication skills are essential
- Collaborate in a small team to execute field work
- May be required to coordinate schedules with clients directly
- Be able to work to timelines and report any deviations to this to management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Driver’s license, travel required
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Teamworking skills
- Ability to work independently when required
- Availability during off-hours, which are at times required
- Experience with standard office equipment (computers, phones, and photocopiers)
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
Education / Training
Minimum Associates Degree or equivalent. Experience with customer service is preferred. Experience in trades or vocational training is also preferred.
Please send résumé and salary expectations to HumanResources@eheinc.com