EH&E, an employee-owned company, provides businesses and institutions with innovative and cost saving solutions for their health and safety, environmental and engineering needs. Our mission is to protect people, businesses and the environment. We achieve this by offering a broad range of services from indoor air quality assessment, energy management solutions, regulatory compliance and management, infection prevention programs, independent building commissioning – and more! EH&E is a trusted partner engaged with recognized leaders in healthcare, top-notch academic and research institutions, Fortune 500 companies, large scale enterprises and government agencies.
Team Leader – Commissioning
This position will serve as second in command to the Managing Principal Consultant (MPC) to manage the day-to-day operations of the Commissioning (Cx) Team. Create reports and site-specific documentation about progress, completion, and obstacles. Manage, supervise, and schedule execution of projects. Work with team to identify all project risks and develop mitigation strategies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Manages mid to large scale projects (typically > $50K), total project responsibility, proposal development, scope development, key technical contact on projects, provides technical direction, directs team of technical specialists and/or staff scientists/engineers.
- Execute scopes of work. Coordinate between construction management and subcontracted personnel related to Cx scope
- QA/QC correspondence, deliverables, and final reports
- Proactive client engagement and participate in routine project meetings
- Develop and manage budgets for Cx projects and issue changes of scope with support from MPC
- Advise and consult with clients on Cx goals and objectives
Manages Staff Scientists and Engineers (development: technical, professional) responsible for guiding Staff so they achieve development objectives.
- Coordinate engineering support to Ed/Comm, Healthcare, Life Sciences, and Data Analytics
- Meet weekly with PMs to review project status and maintain accountability for final project deliverables
- Meet monthly with all Junior Level team members to conduct 10-minute conversations
- Map and maintain career development plans and review with MPC
- Train, inspire and manage commissioning personnel
- Support and manage subject matter experts (schedules, mentoring, and final deliverables)
Significant responsibility to foster professional relationships with clients to advance EH&E as the primary provider of EH&S services for their organization, identify and qualify opportunities, significant interaction with Market Executive to promote market based services, and active participation and/or support of EH&E’s marketing and sales program.
Responsible for QA/QC and safety performance on all managed projects and for project staff managed, ensuring a technically sound approach that meets clients’ needs and expectations.
This is the key area for the experienced Senior Staff member, coaching one or more staff, both those managed and those identified by Principal Scientist/Engineer, MPC or PC, results oriented coaching style, full ownership to ensure success and communicates clearly and frequently with Manager regarding progress of staff.
Responsible for meeting customer satisfaction standards (based on client feedback questionnaire) for all projects managed, intervenes with customer to resolve disputes effectively, key negotiator and/or works with PC/MPC to resolve issues with clients.
Well recognized in discipline, published papers in peer reviewed journal and proceedings, able to integrate data and information across disciplines and make relevant and accurate recommendations consistent with professional standards and the client’s needs.
Communications & Reports:
Crafts strategic memos, letters and emails to clients, presents to a wide audience, capable of performing in pressure situations, presents complex and perhaps controversial findings thoughtfully and clearly, provides technical and senior review of deliverables.
Meets project multiples, identifies and implements both task and process specific changes to improve profitability and speed on projects, contributor to and/or manager of overhead projects in allotted time frame, responsible for accounts receivables for projects managed. Hit individual billing/NSR targets.
Education / Training
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent professional experience
- Nationally recognized certifications such as Certified Building Commissioning Professional (CBCP) preferred, 10+ years of HVAC or controls experience in design, construction, energy evaluation and/or retro-commissioning
- Must have prior management experience
Please send résumé and salary expectations to HumanResources@eheinc.com