Infection Prevention and Control Consulting
Hospital acquired infections (HAIs) are an escalating problem across the US, placing hospitals under increasingly intense financial and regulatory pressure to mitigate the risks. Consequently, the impact of the physical environment on infection control has also received greater focus in recent years. There are high-risk areas in the physical environment such as construction activities, ventilation and potable water systems, that if not closely managed can present significant risk to the health and safety of patients.
EH&E specializes in mitigating the infection risks of the physical environment and offers all the required expertise under one roof – infection control specialists, compliance experts and engineers – for highly effective infection prevention programs. Patient infections related to the physical environment are preventable. Our experts help you assess and understand the risks in your hospital and establish programs that mitigate those risks in order to protect patients and staff and to minimize liability to your hospital.
Construction Risk Assessment and Management Services
- Pre-Construction Risk Assessment (PCRA) program assessment and support
- PCRA management plan development
- Construction air quality monitoring
- Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA) plans and Interim Life Safety Measures (ILSM)
USP 797 and 800
- Environmental monitoring
- Facility compliance / design gap analysis
Legionella Risk Management
- ASHRAE 188 compliance and preventive maintenance programs
- Legionella outbreak response
High-Level Disinfection / Sterilization Validation & Microbiological Surveillance
- Endoscopes, duodenoscopes, hemodialysis, etc.
Pressurization Assessment for Infection Control
Healthcare Acquired Infections (HAIs) Outbreak Investigations
- Aspergillosis, Superbugs, etc.